Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Tenth Justice - Brad Meltzer

We've been watching Meltzer's new show, Decoded, on the History Channel, so I decided to try some of his books. (Faith, my wife, has already read some and enjoyed them.)

This is Meltzer's first novel - a legal thriller. Yes - he got me - I didn't figure it out. Yes - it was fast-paced and kept my interest. Yes - I'm going to read some of his other stuff. BUT...

I really had a problem with the initial premise of the book. Granted, the protagonist had to get himself into a mess for the story, but - I mean, really? I'm a strong proponent of "own your mistakes and be up front about them." The fact that this whole thing was based on an "Oh, look what I did. We can't tell anybody - we'll be clever and hide it." just bothered me.

No comments:

Post a Comment