Sunday, May 1, 2011

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Seth Grahame-Smith

I'm behind on entering this - finished the book about a month ago. As I approached it, I had doubts. My wife, Faith, has enjoyed several of the other "twisted" classics that have recently been published, and when she checked this one out I decided to give it a try.

The book was not what I expected - I really enjoyed it! I felt, especially at the beginning, that I was reading an historical biography of Lincoln (which is why I didn't think I'd like it - I really don't enjoy history). However, Grahame-Smith has woven enough fun into the text that I didn't even mind being "taught". Of course, now there is the problem that, in my mind, this is the historical Lincoln against which others will be based. (Unless there's been a huge conspiracy theory, and this book is actually the truth!)

Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment